Fulham vs Manchester United betting preview: Odds and predictions | The Sun
ANOTHER enthralling weekend of Premier League football awaits, and it all starts on Saturday lunchtime at Craven Cottage as Fulham entertains Manchester United.
After a derby day battering last weekend at the hands of Manchester City, United will need to kick themselves into gear. Fulham have endured a mini wobble of late, but who will come out on top in West London?
Featured bonus for Fulham vs Man Utd
⏩ Quick betting tips for Fulham vs Man Utd
- Both teams to score – 4/6 with Unibet
- Manchester United to win – 6/5 with LeoVegas
- A penalty to be scored – 12/5 with BetMGM
Fulham vs Manchester United odds
This game will make for compelling viewing, and we have sourced the latest match odds for Fulham vs Manchester United from our favourite bookies.
Fulham vs Manchester United betting preview
It’s fair to assert that Fulham have been struggling for consistency. A 2-0 defeat away to Tottenham last week was largely frustrating but it was borne out of defensive errors made by Calvin Bassey, and chances were fleeting against Brighton, but they managed to grind out a point. Just nine goals from their first 10 Premier League games tells a story in itself.
Manchester United, on the other hand, will be hurting after a demoralising 3-0 defeat against their crosstown rivals Manchester City at Old Trafford. The absence of Casemiro has been sorely felt, and his understudy Sofyan Amrabat was chasing shadows.
While there may have been some grievances over the penalty that was awarded thanks to the intervention of VAR, United were largely outclassed and they seemed to lack the stomach of a fight. An Erling Haaland double and a late Phil Foden strike from close range summed up the gulf in class between the two sides.
Erik ten Hag may well persist with Rasmus Hojlund who has found the transition to the Premier League to be a difficult leap, and the Danish hitman is still looking to open his league account for the campaign.
Marco Silva’s troops have been lacking firepower since the departure of Aleksandar Mitrovic last summer, and the likes of Raul Jimenez need to be more clinical in the final third. United have generally enjoyed trips to West London, and they prevailed 2-1 in the previous encounter nearly a year ago. How Ten Hag would love a similar result this time round!
📝 Fulham vs Manchester United key stats
- United have only scored two more goals this term (11) than Fulham, but they have conceded an identical amount (16).
- Hojlund’s struggles against City were encompassed by the fact he had 25 touches and registered no shots, while Haaland had three fewer touches, but six of those resulted in a shot or key pass.
- Before the defeat to City, United had won three matches on the trot in all competitions, but only hit the Over 1.5 goals line on two occasions.
- Fulham haven’t beaten United at home since a 3-0 victory back in December 2009.
- João Palhinha’s equaliser against Brighton came on his 50th appearance for Fulham.
- Jimenez has not scored in his past 32 Premier League appearances, an unenviable record that stretches back to his time at Wolves.
Fulham vs Manchester United best bets
Here's what we have in store for you today:
Both teams to score – 4/6 (Unibet)
While Fulham and United’s troubles in front of goal have been well documented this term, this fixture hasn’t disappointed in terms of entertainment over the years.
In the three fixtures last term which also covered an FA Cup tie, 10 goals were shared between these two sides.
You have to go back to 2019 to when United last kept a clean sheet away to Fulham, and BTTS represents decent value.
⚽ Back both teams to score at 4/6 with Unibet ⚽
Manchester United to win – 6/5 (LeoVegas)
Ten Hag’s men have come crashing back to earth this term, eight points adrift of the top four. United folded against City, and large swathes of the home fans left Old Trafford well before the end, such was the disgruntlement about the performance.
Fulham, in the meantime, appear to be relatively blunt, and things haven’t quite worked out for Jimenez in the way they would have hoped.
United should get the three points, but they could end up crawling over the line rather than delivering a handsome victory, but three points for the away side is still worth considering.
⚽ Back Manchester United to win at 6/5 with LeoVegas ⚽
A penalty to be scored – 12/5 (BetMGM)
Fulham haven’t had any penalty decisions awarded to them this term, while United have scored one and that was converted by Bruno Fernandes against Nottingham Forest, and the Portuguese midfield supremo has a penchant for spot kicks.
Of his 46 career Premier League goals to date, just over a third (16) have come via the penalty spot. Should United get awarded a penalty, Fernandes won’t fluff his lines, and this particular line is worth exploring further.
⚽ Back a penalty to be scored at 12/5 with BetMGM ⚽
📺 How to watch Fulham vs Manchester United
- Location: Craven Cottage, London
- Time: 12:30pm GMT on Saturday, 4th November
- Where to watch: TNT Sports
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
2023 WWE Crown Jewel odds: Preview and betting tips
Inside the mind of a pro poker player – what life skills you can learn by playing
Cricket World Cup betting preview including odds, markets and free bets
Check out the UK’s best football betting sites including odds & offers
Source: Read Full Article