Russell Brand accused of sexually assaulting extra on Arthur film set
Russell Brand’s new podcast asking if free speech is being challenged
A US civil lawsuit has been filed against Russell Brand which alleges the comedian had sexually assaulted an extra on the film set of Arthur.
This comes just months after the 48-year-old was accused of rape, sexual assaults, and emotional abuse during a seven-year period at the height of his fame.
Russell denied the allegations and claimed his relationships were “always consensual”.
According to the documents obtained by BBC, the fresh accusations were filed with the New York State Supreme Court on Friday, marking the first time any such accusations have been made in a lawsuit.
The anonymous woman referred to as Jane Doe claims Russell “appeared intoxicated, smelled of alcohol, and was carrying a bottle of vodka on set,” before the alleged 7 July 2010 assault.
The actor is then said to have exposed himself to his accuser in full view of the cast and crew.
Read more: Russell Brand faces second police investigation over stalking claim
Later the same day the plaintiff claimed Russell entered the bathroom after her and assaulted her as “a member of production crew guarded the door from outside”.
The Arthur film studio Warner Bros Pictures and other companies involved in the production have also been named as defendants.
The woman says that as a result of the alleged abuse she suffers from extreme embarrassment, shame, and fear as well as finding it difficult to trust others.
She also shared concerns about her professional career in association with being named and fears she could be “blacklisted in the industry,” as she still works as an actor.
Katie Price says ‘truth always comes out’ as she talks Russell Brand experience[LATEST]
Leigh Francis makes bold statement about Russell Brand’s rape allegation[INSIGHT]
Russell Brand asks ‘are we being silenced’ as police receive more allegations[WATCH]
The unidentified woman is reportedly seeking unspecified damages from the actor.
The legal documents also claim she was booked to work on set for three days but after the alleged assault she was not brought back and only paid for one.
She also fears harassment from his followers should her identity be revealed.
The case has been filed under the Adult Survivor’s Act, New York legislation which allows alleged victims of sexual offences for which the statute of limitations has passed to file civil suits for one year between 24 November 2022 and 24 November 2023.
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
In September, the British comedian strongly denied accusations made by four women in an investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times, and Channel 4’s Dispatches.
One of the women interviewed in the joint investigation alleges Brand raped her in his Los Angeles home. A second alleges he assaulted her when he was 31 and she was 16 – and still at school.
A third alleges sexual assault in Los Angeles and a fourth described being sexually assaulted by the star, and him being “physically and emotionally abusive” towards her.
During his regular Rumble show on Monday (September 25), Brand said he would talk about the “collusion between big tech and Government and an apparent concerted effort by legacy media … to silence independent media voices”.
He added: “Obviously, it’s difficult for me to be entirely objective given the events of the last week, but that’s what we must try to do.”
Russell Brand has been approached for comment.
Source: Read Full Article