Two charged with murder of man, 26, who was sprayed in the face with ‘ammonia’ when he answered the door | The Sun

COPS have charged two men with the murder of a man who died after being sprayed in the face with a chemical on his doorstep.

Andy Foster, 26, was doused with a substance thought to be ammonia when he opened the door to his attackers in Wrekenton, Gateshead.

The victim was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries following the horror attack at just after 11pm on Sunday night.

He was sadly pronounced dead a short time later.

Northumbria Police have now confirmed the two 32-year-old men arrested on suspicion of murder have been charged.

Kenneth Fawcett, of Balkwell Avenue, North Shields, and John Wandless, of no fixed abode remain in custody after being charged with Andy's murder.

Read More

Final movements of artist, 54, revealed before ‘murder’ as man quizzed

Nurse held on suspicion of poisoning baby who died ‘suddenly & unexpectedly’

The force also stated a man, 34, and two women aged 37 and 30, were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

They have now been released under investigation and pending further enquiries.

Cops arrested a 26-year-old man on suspicion of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm on Monday.

He has also since been released as the investigation is ongoing.

Most read in The Sun


Terrifying storm batters Majorca resort hotels as tourists run for their lives


Pop superstar rushed to hospital for life-saving surgery as shows cancelled


11 pet dogs burnt to death in 'absolutely devastating' fire at private kennels


P&O ship smashes into oil tanker off Majorca as 55mph STORMS slam Balearics

A spokesperson from the force confirmed: "An investigation was immediately launched into Andy’s death.

"Officers subsequently arrested two men and they have now been charged with murder.

"They are Kenneth Fawcett, 32, of Balkwell Avenue, North Shields, and John Wandless, also 32, of no fixed abode.

"Three other people, two women and a man, who were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, and another man who was arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, have been released under investigation, pending further enquiries."

Anyone with information has been urged to speak with an officer on duty, use the ‘Tell Us Something’ page on the Northumbria Police website, or call 101 quoting reference number: NP-20230820-1369.

Members of the public can also report information anonymously by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visiting their website.

Source: Read Full Article