Prince Andrew was fiends with Jeffrey Epstein's science adviser
Revealed: Prince Andrew enjoyed close friendship with glamourous brain doctor who worked as his paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein’s science adviser
- Andrew, 60, went for dinners with Dr Melanie Walker, 48, after meeting in 1999
- She attended the ‘Dance of the Decades’ party at Windsor Castle in 1999
- The party was also attended by Epstein and his girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell
- Dr Walker opened up about friendship with Andrew in a 2003 interview
- She said that ‘he calls me Mel and addresses me “Hey Dork” or “smarty pants”‘
Prince Andrew enjoyed a close friendship with a neurosurgeon who worked as a science adviser to his shamed paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein.
The Duke of York, 60, went for dinners with Dr Melanie Walker, 48, who he jokingly referred to as a ‘dork’ and ‘smarty pants’.
The prince allegedly got so close to Dr Walker, an American, that she attended the Queen’s ‘Dance of the Decades’ party at Windsor Castle in 2000, according to The Sun.
Prince Andrew enjoyed a close friendship with a neurosurgeon who worked as a science adviser to his shamed paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein
The party was held to mark four royal birthdays, including Andrew’s 40th.
Billionaire Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, 58, the socialite accused of recruiting girls for Epstein’s sex trafficking ring, also attended.
A source told The Sun: ‘This opens up more questions about Andrew’s links to Epstein. He has to be more forthcoming.’
Dr Walker is said to have met Epstein in 1992, when he told her he could get her an audition for a Victoria’s Secret modelling job.
She then stayed in a New York apartment building owned by Epstein.
After graduating, Dr Walker was allegedly hired by Epstein as a science adviser at his foundation, from 1998 to 1999.
The Duke of York, 60, went for dinners with Dr Melanie Walker, 48, who he jokingly referred to as a ‘dork’ and ‘smarty pants’
Andrew first met Dr Walker in New York in 1999, which is the same year he met Epstein.
In a 2003 interview, Dr Walker praised the Duke, saying that ‘he calls me Mel and addresses me “Hey Dork” or “smarty pants”.
She did insist that the pair were just friends who chatted ‘mostly about science and medicine’.
The prince allegedly got so close to Dr Walker, an American, that she attended the Queen’s ‘Dance of the Decades’ party at Windsor Castle in 2000, according to The Sun
Epstein killed himself in New York last year while he was awaiting trial on charges of trafficking young women for sex.
One of those women, Virginia Roberts, claimed she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew three times when she was still a teenager.
Andrew has repeatedly denied the claims and in November told Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis: ‘I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever.’
Last month, Ms Roberts’s lawyer claimed in an interview with The Mail on Sunday that new evidence is set to emerge which undermines Andrew’s claim that he did not know Ms Roberts.
Billionaire Epstein (left) and Ghislaine Maxwell (right), 58, the socialite accused of recruiting girls for Epstein’s sex trafficking ring, also attended
Dr Walker is said to have met Epstein in 1992, when he told her he could get her an audition for a Victoria’s Secret modelling job
David Boies said the evidence linking the Duke of York and Ms Roberts will be made public as part of a series of civil lawsuits being brought in America by victims of paedophile Epstein.
In January, US Magistrate Judge Debra Freeman, who is overseeing the lawsuits brought by 16 women against the Epstein estate, ordered a so-called ‘fact discovery’ before cases are brought to trial.
This means the victims’ lawyers will be able to present new evidence, demand the publication of previously undisclosed documents and even quiz alleged co-conspirators accused of helping Epstein procure young women and underage girls for his sex ring.
Judge Freeman said this process should be completed by June 10.
Mr Boies claims this will lead to the publication of new evidence showing that the Duke knew Ms Roberts, now 36 and going by her married surname Giuffre.
Virginia Roberts claims that she was flown to London by Epstein in March 2001 when she was 17 and coerced into having sex with the Duke (pictured together with Ghislaine Maxwell)
‘I think the mistake that he [Prince Andrew] made was thinking that somehow this evidence wouldn’t dribble out and now, of course, that’s exactly what’s happening,’ he said.
‘Prince Andrew is sufficiently recognisable that more and more of this evidence comes out and I think it just puts him in a terrible position and one that could have been avoided, at least in part, if he had simply been more forthright and forthcoming initially.
‘A judge in New York in some of the cases has set a discovery cut-off for June, so I think a lot of this will come out between now and June.’
Asked what the new evidence is, he replied: ‘I can’t get into this… but all I can say is that there will be more evidence coming out.’
He did, however, claim that new evidence will emerge showing that Prince Andrew visited Epstein’s vast Zorro ranch near Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The New York Times last year claimed that Epstein told scientists that he hoped to seed the human race with his DNA by impregnating women at the ranch.
Andrew has repeatedly denied the claims and in November told Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis: ‘I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever’
Several of his accusers claim they were raped there. In November, it emerged that a former housekeeper at the ranch had claimed Prince Andrew spent three days there in 2001, where she said he was kept company by an unnamed ‘beautiful’ female doctor.
Mr Boies, one of the most prominent lawyers in the United States, accused Andrew and people speaking on his behalf of attacking Ms Roberts’s credibility.
An unnamed supporter of Andrew last year claimed that a photograph showing the Duke with his arm wrapped around Ms Roberts’s bare waist, which was taken in Ms Maxwell’s home in Belgravia, Central London, in 2001 was ‘fake’ and that Ms Roberts’s story was ‘a fantasy’.
Mr Boies added: ‘At some point I think Prince Andrew and the people who are speaking on his behalf need to recognise that continuing to dissemble is not only unsustainable but counterproductive.
‘He is worse off today than he would have been if he had simply faced up to whatever happened.’
Buckingham Palace declined to comment at the time.
Source: Read Full Article