Prince Andrew spotted for first time since claims he visited the Queen for Jeffrey Epstein crisis talks

PRINCE Andrew was today spotted for the first time after it was revealed he had visited the Queen for crisis talks over the Jeffrey Epstein affair.

The duke, 60, dashed to Balmoral in the Scottish Highlands after spending five months in lockdown.

The Queen's son was seen in a black polo neck, coat and sunglasses as he drove just ten miles from Balmoral.

Princess Anne, 70, was also seen driving nearby for a grouse shoot near the Scottish castle. 

The Sun previously revealed Andrew, who has been ­living at Windsor, has not seen his mother since July.

An insider said: “The Queen and Andrew will have lots to discuss. So much has come out over the summer.

“The Queen wants to be kept informed and she will not be back at Windsor until early October.”

The Royal Family has begun to reunite as coronavirus restrictions are relaxed.



Just last week it was revealed Kate Middleton and Prince William had taken the kids to Scotland to visit their great-grandmother Balmoral where the Queen and Prince Philip remain in a Covid- secure “bubble”.

Sources said that Her Majesty spent some time with great-grandchildren George, seven, Charlotte, five, and Louis, two, outside on the 50,000-acre estate.

It comes as an excerpt of a new book on Prince Philip revealed the 99-year-old had been devastated by his son Prince Andrew being sucked into the Epstein scandal.

In an extract from her book, published in the Mail on Sunday, Ingrid Seward claims Philip felt it was a "tragedy".

She wrote: "Not only had he besmirched the reputation of the monarchy but had become involved in something extremely distasteful and far more serious."

Prince Andrew has consistently denied knowing any wrongdoing by Jeffrey Epstein and has denied allegations of having sex with Virginia Roberts when she was 17.

US prosecutors accuse the duke of failing to help their investigation into paedophile Epstein and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.

The US Department of Justice submitted a request to the Home Office in April to speak to Andrew.

The Met has said it is ­willing to help. The duke’s lawyers insist they have repeatedly offered to do so.

Virginia Roberts Guiffre, 36, has accused Maxwell of arranging for her to have sex with Andrew three times in 2001 when she was a teenager.

Maxwell, 58, is awaiting trial accused of conspiring with Epstein to sexually abuse girls.

Epstein, 66, was found hanged in a Manhattan jail last year.


Source: Read Full Article