I bit into a KFC burger and found a dead COCKROACH, says horrified diner

A KFC customer was reportedly left with a nasty surprise after he bit into a burger and chewed on an enormous dead cockroach.

The unfortunate diner, named Carlo Felipe Sardi, 54, made the grim discovery while eating with his niece at the fast-food outlet in the city of Porto Alegre, Brazil, on Monday.

Julia Penha, who was taking her uncle to KFC for the first ever time, later posted images of the find on Twitter after the incident infolded.

It has since been liked 50,000 times and received more than 3,000 comments.

Captioning the snap she said: "Today I was with my uncle at Iguatemi mall in Porto Alegre and we went to eat at KFC.

“He ordered a burger and fries. Halfway through, he took a bite, and a whole piece of what he thought was chicken fell out, but when he looked down, what he actually saw was a whole cockroach."

After the case went viral, civil servant Sardi spoke of his initial bemusement – questioning how the insect had found its way into his meal.

He said: "Incredible! I was still chewing the burger. I did not react. This is the kind of thing you only see happening to other people on TV. Nothing prepares you for a moment like this."

Most read in News


Andrew’s lawyers ‘in emergency talks’ amid fears Maxwell could ‘name names’


Inside ‘warzone’ estate so terrifying soldier felt ‘safer in Afghanistan'


Inside Ghislaine's odd court behaviour from 'furious' sketching to posh hairdo


Seven shocking revelations from Maxwell trial including 'House of Sin' manual

"The cockroach was not in the fries, as they were loose, served alongside the burger.

“And given the size of the whole insect, it would have been impossible not to see it, let alone bite into it

"For a few moments, Julia and I were in shock looking at it. Then she decided to take pictures and I complained to the manager.”

Sardi later described feeling “disgusted” by the grisly find before adding that he has since suffered severe physical and phycological symptoms from the incident.

He explained: "I ended up suffering with diarrhoea, stomach cramps, and severe heartburn.

“I talked with my doctor, who advised me to undergo some tests and take de-worming treatment and antibiotics.

"Unfortunately, I haven't been able to eat anything since the incident. I'm disgusted. I can't even swallow my own saliva.

“It accumulates in my mouth and I spit in the sink. The whole thing is much more psychological than physical."

Following the incident, KFC Brasil said it "strictly follows all the recommendations of the health department and other competent bodies" and that it "is committed to investigating the facts".

The fast food chain added that it “immediately” contacted the customer as soon as it became aware of the incident.

It not yet known whether Sardi will take legal action.

    Source: Read Full Article