The Boys fans left 'vomiting' as superhero has arm and manhood hacked off with machete in gruesome scenes
THE Boys returned last week in expectedly gory fashion – leaving some viewers downright nauseous with its graphic scenes.
The season 2 premiere was packed full of grisly moments as CIA boss had her head blown up, super-powered terrorists were dismembered and Homelander exploded a prospective hero's eardrums.
- The best thrillers on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors on Netflix
- The best true crime series on Netflix
However, the scenes that caused the most outcry saw a Vought worker with regenerative powers sell himself to a bloodthirsty stranger.
As the pair entered a hotel room it initially seemed as though the pair were involved in an act of prostitution, but the reality was far more grim.
It turns out the flop superhero, known as Gecko, was letting people hack off his limbs for a price and an unsettling exchange saw him outline his prices for arms and legs.
Before long he was laying out his arm for the man to hack off with a machete – all while a horrified Starlight filmed the moment from across the street.
Moments later his arm was already growing back, at which point he told his client that he could chop off his manhood for an extra thousand dollors.
Given that he immeditately began hunting down a cash point, it's safe to say the offer went down well.
Fans took to Twitter in revulsion at the bloody scenes.
"F**k me The Boys isn't messing around with season 2. One episode in and I'm watching an arm get hacked off and grow back," one user wrote, alongside a vomiting emoji.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
"Can't figure out whether I'm more grossed out by that arm being cut off or grow back," a second commented.
A third wrote: "How is he so calm when his arm is being chopped up?! Think I'm gonna be sick," alongside a grimacing emoji.
While a fourth joked: "Putting The Boys on while I'm eating dinner was a terrible idea. Lost my appetite after that scene with the arm."
Amazon sent fans wild last week as it dropped the first three episodes of the second season a few hours early.
However, others were frustrated that the entire season wasn't made available at launch, with weekly releases scheduled from episode 4 onwards.
Fans of the show will be thrilled to know that it has already been renewed for a third season.
Meanwhile Antony Starr, who plays Homelander, revealed the moment from season 2 he felt "went too far."
The Boys is available to stream on Amazon Prime now.
Source: Read Full Article