'The Bachelor': The Last Interview Colton Underwood Did Before Cassie Randolph Filed the Restraining Order Is Unsettling To Look Back On

Former bachelor Colton Underwood and his season winner, Cassie Randolph, announced their split on Instagram on May 29. Just over three months later, Randolph filed for a temporary restraining order against her ex. Between May 29 and Sept. 11, Underwood and Randolph had kept pretty quiet about their breakup save for the rare interview here and there. Looking back at the last interview Underwood gave about Randolph before the TRO was filed, now knowing what was going on behind closed doors, is unsettling, to say the least.

The last interview Colton Underwood gave where he spoke about Cassie Randolph

The last major interview Underwood did before Randolph filed the TRO was with Reality Steve for his podcast on Aug. 13. Prior to the interview, Underwood and Randolph had hashed out some drama on Instagram. Underwood seemingly took a dig at his ex for her interview with Chris Harrison on The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons — Ever! and Randolph responded with several Instagram stories that asked Underwood to “refrain from prolonging our breakup, or dragging me, when we both know it’s unwarranted.” She also accused him of planning to “monetize” their split.

During his interview with Reality Steve, Underwood said he was never upset with Randolph. He was just upset with the franchise for taking “advantage of her.”

“Cass stayed extremely professional and extremely quiet about our breakup, which I was so happy and thankful for,” he said on the podcast. “I even texted her and was like, ‘Man I appreciate that, thank you.’ What bugged me was the fact that that show took advantage of her. I feel very defensive over people I love. I know Cassie’s a big girl and can fight her own battles, but I know her heart — she doesn’t want to rock the boat and she loves people even if they abuse her or even if they take advantage of her, which is what they did.”

He went on to say that he and Randolph may address the Instagram drama together in the future.

“Maybe eventually we’ll address it together,” he said. “It should have been handled privately and we did handle it privately and sort of left it at that.

And he even said that he and his ex were back on good terms, calling her “amazing.”

“I have nothing but good things and love and well-wishes and friendship with Cassie right now. I love the girl and miss the girl dearly,” he said.

The behavior Cassie alleges in the restraining order took place before Colton’s interview with Reality Steve

The court documents allege that the last contact took place between Aug. 16 and 19. So when Underwood gave his interview with Reality Steve, he had already been exhibiting concerning behavior, according to Randolph.

“I can see now that most of these incidents you’re reading about all happened before Aug 11th, which was the day I recorded with him,” writes Reality Steve. “It sucks, but there’s nothing I can do now other than realize he fed me a lot of BS in that interview and he won’t be on again.”

Underwood spoke about his mental health struggles, specifically after appearing on The Bachelor, during his interview with RS. The reality TV blogger “hopes he gets [help].”

“He was 1000% wrong for what he did from placing a tracking device on her car, to making himself the victim in certain texts, to then MAKING UP texts from a number scaring Cassie and sending to himself,” he wrote. “Inexcusable. Cassie filing clearly seemed to be the only way to get across to him and I hope he learns his lesson from it and gets some help. My opinion is I don’t think he’s well mentally right now, and that can be a very scary place for himself and for Cassie.”

For all of Reality Steve’s thoughts on the situation, read his full column on his site.

Source: Read Full Article