Strictly’s Motsi Mabuse ‘replaced by Anton Du Beke’ as she’s forced to miss show

Motsi Mabuse will reportedly be temporarily replaced on the Strictly Come Dancing judging panel by stalwart pro dancer Anton Du Beke.

The beauty announced on social media on Thursday that she is having to self-isolate for two weeks after an "urgent" trip home to Germany.

She said she "should" be on-screen via "the power of technology", but reports suggest she may be replaced for the shows she will miss instead.

According to the Sun, Anton will be brought in and temporarily promoted to judge, after years of speculation that he would be joining the panel.

A final decision is reportedly going to be made very shortly.

This week has seen the BBC favourite series hit by a number of set backs.

Motsi announced she'd be away for a while, writing on Twitter: "Hi guys – earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason. I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.

"I'll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms.

"Watch out though, I'll be doing my own hair and make-up!"

Similarly, the show's first same-sex couple have been forced off the show after Katya Jones tested positive for coronavirus.

Boxer Nicola Adams announced her untimely exit from the show, just weeks after making history as an all-female Strictly couple.

Nicola, 38, said: "I'm absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon.

  • Rylan forced to pull out of Strictly It Takes Two as he self-isolates amid Covid-19 drama

  • Strictly's Jamie Laing in naked exposé as he walks into livestream totally starkers

"I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for! But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for.

"She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it's been an incredible experience.

"I'm gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the Covid measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I'm doing what I can to help.

  • Strictly's Ranvir Singh spills on 'secret support' GMB co-star Piers Morgan has been giving

  • Sign up for Daily Star's showbiz newsletter to get the biggest stories of the day

"I'll be spending the next 14 days isolating so I'd like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous amount of TikToks I'll be posting, in my new found free time when I'm not gaming!"

Katya, 31, said: "Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration.

"She's given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition.

"Of course, I'm devastated to leave this way but I've made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey.

"I'd like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!"

Meanwhile, Rylan Clark-Neal will be away from Strictly: It Takes Two after coming into contact with someone with coronavirus.

Despite the setbacks, Strictly will continue on Saturday night on BBC One.

Source: Read Full Article