Gemma Collins breaks social media silence with sweet family throwback amid parents' coronavirus battle
GEMMA Collins has broken her social media silence with a sweet throwback snap amid her parents' coronavirus battle.
The 39-year-old star has been understandably quiet on her accounts in recent weeks after telling fans that both her mum and dad were incredibly ill with Covid-19.
- Visit our coronavirus page for the latest updates
And she had poignant words to share with her fans as she took to Instagram this afternoon.
Gemma posted a childhood photo of herself with her parents and brother.
The self-proclaimed diva looked barely recognisable as a little girl, beaming for the camera with her blonde hair tied into a high ponytail.
She is stood beside her mum, with her dad beaming in the centre of the pic.
The former Towie star captioned the post: "Your family are the best team you can have 💫❤️💫 sending so much love, hope and faith to everyone right now 💫❤️💫"
It marks her first post in a week, when she posted a touching tribute to the NHS.
Shortly before Christmas, Gemma shared her heartache as she revealed that both parents were ill with Covid-19.
On Christmas Eve, she confirmed that her dad was in hospital having previously revealed he'd said he'd "rather be dead" than as sick as he is.
She wrote at the time: "Please please please take notice of the guidelines ! Both my parents are extremely unwell with Covid 19 !
"Seeing my dad cry which he never does ! Was a shock and say he would rather be dead then experience everything his is going through right now… this has totally wiped him out and it’s heartbreaking 💔 my mum also is extremely extremely unwell with Covid also, this is real !
"And please please take notice and keep your loved ones SAFE 🙏🏻 it really is petrifying 😢 what a difference a year makes".
Gemma has been inundated with supportive messages from her followers, praying for her parents' speedy recovery.
Source: Read Full Article
- Disney+ Passes 50 Million Subscribers in Just 5 Months
- Piers Morgan admits he's been forced to 'eat his words' as he says Strictly's Ranvir Singh has broken the GMB curse
- ‘First Cow’ Review: Kelly Reichardt’s New Film is a Fascinating Deconstruction of the Hollywood Western
- Cardi B Takes on New Challenges on Her Facebook Watch Series
- Outer Banks star Madison Bailey comes out as pansexual and reveals new girlfriend Mariah Linney on TikTok – The Sun