Friday night in again? Join The Sun’s livestream of Lorraine Kelly’s big quiz & win a £1,000 shop – The Sun
WE are a nation of quiz fanatics, whether joining in with favourite TV shows like The Chase, Pointless or Tipping Point, or going down the local for a pint and a pub quiz.
Right now we can’t pop to the boozer for a fun evening of answering questions on ’80s pop music or capitals of the world, but you can still get your quiz fix with me every Friday night.
I would love you to join me for this FREE quiz, live on The Sun’s YouTube channel, tonight and every Friday for the next four weeks at 6.30pm for half an hour.
I will be entertaining and testing you with questions on general knowledge and current affairs, as well as how much you know about TV, sport, showbiz and music — and there’s also an added bonus picture round.
I will be throwing in some quirky questions, too.
You can join in with me and get your pals to play along too from wherever they happen to be in lockdown.
How to play — and win a £1,000 shop
DON’T miss our special new TV show, The Sun Quiz, hosted by telly favourite Lorraine Kelly.
Gather your household together, call up the friends and family you have not seen in a while and compete against each other in the first episode of our great new fun contest.
- Sun columnist and Good Morning Britain presenter Lorraine will be asking questions to the nation every Friday night for the next four weeks to keep you entertained while everyone is stuck indoors.
- Whether you are super-competitive and missing your local’s pub quiz, or you are just looking for some light relief and fun, there will be something for everyone to enjoy. Lorraine’s quiz will include 30 questions across six categories, including General Knowledge, Sport, TV, Showbiz, Celebrity and a special picture round.
- To take part, go to The Sun’s YouTube channel at youtube.com/thesun, where the half-hour quiz will begin at 6.30pm. Don’t be late! Plus, just for tuning in, one lucky player will win a massive £1,000 shopping spree.
To be in with a chance to win this super cash prize, simply join in with the quiz tonight on YouTube and click on the link found in the video description.
Just fill in a few basic details and one randomly selected reader will take home the £1,000 prize.
Shows are sheer jolly entertainment
You can compete against members of your family, your workmates or your pals, or can even play all by yourself.
Just because we are all in lockdown doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy ourselves.
A quiz is a perfect way to have a bit of light relief, and we all really need that right now.
I grew up watching TV quizzes like Ask The Family and Top Of The Form, and have always loved trying to pit my wits against the contestants.
From highbrow shows like University Challenge and Mastermind, where contestants are basically interrogated and even the most confident smarty-pants can be reduced to a gibbering wreck, to wonderfully daft shows like The Price Is Right and Supermarket Sweep that are sheer jolly entertainment, we all love to take part and enjoy that wonderful warm feeling when we get the answer right.
Other shows that have made a big impact include Wheel Of Fortune, Celebrity Squares and the absolutely baffling 3-2-1, with Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin, that made absolutely no sense whatsoever but you could not take your eyes off the screen for an instant.
It’s not just the actual general knowledge shows we enjoy watching.
So many of us loved the recent ITV drama Quiz, which has been one of the most successful and talked-about shows of the year.
It was based on the infamous case of ex-Major Charles Ingram, who won the £1million jackpot on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? in 2001 then found himself up in court and given a suspended sentence for cheating.
A drama about coughing and cheating could have backfired in these Covid-19 times, but Quiz was an enormous hit, showing our deep love affair with all kinds of quizzes.
So I really hope you can join me tonight for a bit of light-hearted free fun.
See you in our online pub for a bit of escapism and your chance to prove how clever you are.
8 questions to warm you up…
1. What is the name of the 99-year-old Army veteran who raised millions for the NHS by walking around his garden?
a) Major Tim Moore
b) Captain Tom Moore
c) Sergeant Tony Moore
2. Who is the UK’s Health Secretary?
a) Matt Hancock
b) Tony Hancock
c) Nick Hancock
3. In which year did BBC2 launch?
4. What is the real name of Joe Exotic, the subject of the Netflix documentary series Tiger King?
a) Joe King
b) Joseph Vogel
c) Joseph Maldonado-Passage
5. What was Elton John’s first UK No1 single?
a) Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
b) Crocodile Rock
c) Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
6. What is the name of Noel Gallagher’s solo project?
a) Beady Eye
c) Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
7. Which Premier League club is being taken over by a Saudi prince for £300million?
a) Newcastle United
c) Aston Villa
8. Who is the all-time record goalscorer in the English Premier League?
a) Wayne Rooney
b) Alan Shearer
c) Michael Owen
1. B; 2. A; 3. C; 4. C; 5. A; 6. C; 7. A; 8. B.
- GOT a news story? RING us on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article