Daily Podcast: Amazon Has Officially Bought MGM, So What Does That Mean for Hollywood (And James Bond)?
On the May 26, 2021 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about the latest film and TV news, including Amazon buying MGM, the future of the James Bond franchise, and why certain classic movies were not included in the deal.
In The News:
- HT: Amazon Buys MGM, Including James Bond Titles and More, for $8.45 Billion
- Ben (OG Chris): James Bond Movies Will Continue to be Made for a “Worldwide Theatrical Audience” in Wake of MGM/Amazon Deal
- Ben: Here’s Why Movies Like ‘The Wizard of Oz’ and ‘Gone With the Wind’ Are Not Part of the MGM/Amazon Deal
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Read Full Article