Bachelor fans sign petition to CANCEL Colton Underwood's new show after 'dangerous' behavior toward ex Cassie Randolph

BACHELOR fans have set up a petition to cancel Colton Underwood's new Netflix show in light of his "dangerous" behavior towards ex-girlfriend Cassie Randolph.

The Bachelor star opened up about his sexuality on Good Morning America on Wednesday, revealing he'd known he was "different" since he was six years old.

During his interview with Robin Roberts, the 29-year-old revealed that he was working with streaming giant Netflix on a documentary about his sexuality.

In light of his interview, members of Bachelor nation set up a petition to stop the making of his new TV show in support of his ex Cassie, who accused him of "stalking" and "tracking her car" after their 2020 break-up.

The organisers of the petition said they believe Colton "does not deserve a platform in any way" as a result of his "dangerous behavior" towards the 25-year-old.

At the time of publishing the petition titled 'Cancel Colton Underwood’s Netflix Documentary' had amassed 9,732 signatures of it's 10,000 goal.


The petition comes after Cassie – who dated Colton for almost 18 months – reportedly had no idea the former NFL star was coming out on TV this week.

“She was not made aware in advance that he was going to be on GMA doing a tell-all,” a source told Us Weekly.

“To be honest, she hasn’t really had time to navigate how she feels about it yet.”

The insider added: “Post-breakup was an emotional journey for her and it was painful at times."

"She has taken a lot of steps to move on in life and has been focused on her well-being and her happiness. She has not been in communication with Colton.”

Colton and Cassie met on season 23 of The Bachelor in 2018.

In the March 2019 finale, he begged Cassie not to quit the show and they ended up dating for more than a year before breaking up for good in May 2020.

While the split was originally believed to be amicable, things got messy when Cassie filed a restraining order against Colton.

Back in September 2020, she accused the former athlete of "stalking" and "tracking her car."

She was granted a temporary restraining order that forced Colton to stay at least 100 yards away from her, in addition to her car, home, workplace, and school.

She claimed Colton had been harassing and stalking her with text messages, TMZ reported.

He also allegedly planted a tracking device by taping it to the bottom of the back bumper of her car to learn of her whereabouts.

Colton shook Bachelor Nation when he came out as gay during an interview with Robin Roberts.

He said: "I ran from myself for a long time and hated myself for a long time and I'm gay.

"I came to terms with that earlier this year and have been processing it
the next step, letting people know… I'm still nervous. It's been a journey for sure."

He added that he is now the happiest and healthiest he's ever been, despite dealing with suicidal thoughts for some time."

"I got into a place, for me in my personal life, that was dark and I can list a bunch of different things and they would be excuses. I would have rather died than say I'm gay and that was my wake-up call."

He continued: "Even just suicidal thoughts…driving my car close to a cliff, if this goes over the cliff, it's not that big of a deal…I don't feel that anymore."

Colton also apologized to Cassie for how their relationship ended.

“I’d like to say sorry for how things ended. I messed up. I made a lot of bad choices," he said.


“I would just say that I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart. I wish that it wouldn’t have happened the way that it did. I wish that I had been courageous enough to fix myself before I hurt anyone else.”

Bachelor star Demi Burnett – who was the first Bachelor Nation star to publicly come out as LGBTQ+ – has since said Colton needs to be "held accountable" for his problematic behavior towards Cassie.

She exclusively told The Sun: "I know she would never have filed that restraining order unless she had no other choice. It must’ve been terrifying for her.

“And I don’t want anyone to forget about that. We can praise Colton for being brave and coming out but he needs to be held accountable for what he did to Cassie."

The reality TV star explained of his new project coming out on Netflix: “I hope what he does with this opportunity with his Netflix documentary is to acknowledge what he’s done.

“But it would give us more because we do know there is this side of him that’s considered as an abuser. But there’s another side of him where he is brave and coming out about something."

She added: “He needs to acknowledge both sides. He can’t just come out and use that to distract from the fact that there are somethings he needs to acknowledge.” 

Colton's Christian family exclusively told The Sun they support him "100 per cent" and are "so proud" of him.

His grandfather Benjamin said: “We’re all proud of him and support everything he’s been through. I liked the interview. He knows we support him. He’s with us all the time.”

His grandmother Joyce continued: “We all love Colton and we are behind him 100 percent.”

    Source: Read Full Article