Adil Ray reveals he's hosting Good Morning Britain in Piers Morgan's slot for the whole of April

ADIL Ray has revealed he's hosting Good Morning Britain in the slot vacated by Piers Morgan for the whole of April.

The broadcaster had been favourite to replace Piers permanently after he sensationally quit following his criticism of Meghan Markle's Oprah Winfrey interview last month.

It has since been revealed that bosses are making Susanna Reid the programme's main star – until September at least.

Writing on Twitter this evening, Adil posted: "Some news for you….I will be co hosting @gmb throughout the whole of April Mon to Weds, starting this Monday with @kategarraway and with @susannareid100 after the hols.

"I would love for you to make it your daily wake up if you fancy it! #goodmorningbritain."

He recently left viewers in hysterics with a joke about Piers's exit from the show when he took the hotseat alongside Susanna.

The firebrand stormed off set after a disagreement with co-star Alex Beresford in which the show's weatherman mentioned Piers being ghosted by the actress years ago.

The pair butted heads while discussing Meghan and Prince Harry's tell all interview, with Piers unwilling to be challenged in such a personal way by a co-star live on air.

Hours later he quit the show after refusing to apologise for saying he didn't believe a word Meghan had said, after she told of her mental health struggles as a member of the royal family.

Upon Adil's return to the show after some time away, he joked: "Great to be back. Have I missed anything?"


Susanna awkwardly replied: "Erm, a few things…"

Adil, who has replaced Piers Morgan once before in 2018, simply said: "Oh okay," and the pair carried on with the rest of the show as normal.

A staggering 57,793 people complained to Ofcom about Piers's Meghan comments, making it the regulator's most complained about programme of the decade.

Although many weren't happy with Piers, one petition gained more than 360,000 signatures for him to make a return to GMB.

However, the star has ruled out returning to the show.

He confirmed on Twitter: "I won’t be going back, but thanks to everyone who has signed these petitions.

"Normally, people start petitions to have me fired or deported, so this is a pleasant surprise."

Source: Read Full Article