BTS: V Breaks Record Previously Held by PSY With His Song 'Sweet Night'

On May 24, V of BTS broke an iTunes record that was previously held by PSY. The BTS singer’s solo track “Sweet Night” reached No. 1 on iTunes charts in 87 different countries, and V became the first Korean artist to achieve this.

V released ‘Sweet Night’ in March

On March 6, V and RM of BTS held a VLIVE livestream for fans, and V revealed that he had been busy writing songs.

“V, have you been writing songs recently?” RM asked according to an English translation.

“I’ve written three songs,” V answered.

V then told fans that one song would be released soon.

“One song will be released,” he said. “As far as I know, the article is already out.”

The song V was referring to was “Sweet Night,” which was featured in the Itaewon Class OST. V’s close friend Park Seo-joon appears on Itaewon Class and the two are part of a friend group known as the “Wooga” Squad along with Park Hyung-sik, PeakBoy, and Choi Woo-shik.

RELATED: V of BTS and Conan Gray Want to Make a Song Together

The BTS singer broke PSY’s record on iTunes

PSY released his hit song “Gangnam Style” in 2012. The song became a pop culture phenomenon around the world, and to date the music video for “Gangnam Style” has over 3 billion views on YouTube. After its release, “Gangnam Style” topped iTunes charts in 86 countries, and PSY became the Korean soloist with the most iTunes No. 1’s around the world.

Eight years later, V surpassed PSY’s accomplishment and set a new record. On May 24, V’s song “Sweet Night” officially topped iTunes charts in 87 countries. With this, V broke PSY’s record and became the Korean soloist with the most iTunes No. 1’s, and he became the only Korean soloist to reach No. 1 in 87 countries.

V of BTS is working on a mixtape

Fans of BTS should expect more records broken by V soon. Recently, the singer announced that he plans to release a solo mixtape. Earlier in May 2020, V hinted that he might release a mixtape while playing online games with fans.

“I wrote several songs. Please anticipate it,” V wrote in the chatroom of a game according to a fan translation.

His second post read, “I should release a mixtape.”

RELATED: BTS: Get Ready Because V Announced He Is Officially Making a Mixtape

A few days later on May 15, V appeared on Suga’s audio livestream on VLIVE called “DJ SHUP-D’s Kkul FM 06.13 #0613FM_0515” as the radio show’s guest. During the VLIVE, V officially confirmed he is working on a mixtape.

V told Suga and fans that he is working on songs for BTS’s upcoming self-produced album and for his mixtape. Suga has released two solo mixtapes under the persona Agust D, and he asked V if the singer planned to use a second stage name for his solo work. However, V said he needed to finish the mixtape before deciding that.

Given how much time V has dedicated to songwriting and creating his own distinctive artistry, fans are excited at the thought of him releasing a solo mixtape. ARMY already know one song that will be on the mixtape, as V told fans that he planned to include a song he wrote for his parents for Parents’ Day.

Source: Read Full Article

Jose Mourinho admits he was ‘very violent’ and a ‘d***head’ to his Inter Milan treble winners – The Sun

JOSE MOURINHO admits he was a “d***head” to his Inter Milan Treble-winning side of 2010.

The Spurs boss also revealed he was violent with his players and told them “they had won the Scudetto of s**t” following a defeat to Bergamo.

Mourinho won the Serie A title, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League in 2009-10.

The Portuguese, 57, said: “I’m never fake, I’m original. It’s me and that’s it. I was also a d***head but that was me.”

Mourinho lost his cool with his Inter squad following the 3-1 defeat to Bergamo in January 2009.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: “I was very violent with the players — I told them they had won the Scudetto of s**t.

“It was only afterwards I understood I had hurt them and I apologised.”

Despite the highs and lows, the former Chelsea and Manchester United chief never felt as comfortable as he did in the San Siro dugout.

And the high point of his stay was the 2-0 win over Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.

He added: “I was at my best when I felt at home.

“That’s why, on May 22 in Madrid, I was content to experience the happiness of others, all the way from president Massimo Moratti to the people in the warehouse.

“I used to always think of myself first. At Inter, it was never like that.


“When you become a father, you understand that someone is more important than you.

“Just the other day I spoke to Alessio, my driver. That’s Inter for me. These are my people.”

Last night Inter announced their Uefa Cup-winning coach Gigi Simoni had died, aged 81.

Source: Read Full Article

Cristiano Ronaldo v Lionel Messi: Barcelona star comes out on top in head-to-head battles with his rival for GOAT tag – The Sun

IT the question that divides football fans across the globe –  who is better, Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo?

They gave Clasicos a bit of extra spice for nine years and SunSport thought we would look at how they compared when they faced each other.

The greatest managers of the modern era have had their say, fans have had their say and even ex-teammates have waded in on the never ending GOAT debate.

So we thought we'd look past the trophies and accolades to see how they fared when they were in direct competition.

The pair know each other well, of course, having gone toe-to-toe in dozens of El Clasico contests down the years.

Not only would the rivals share the same pitch whenever Los Blancos faced off against Barcelona, but they would tussle for LaLiga supremacy season after season.

El Clasico has always been more that just a football match to the clubs' fans and having the two best players in the world took it to a different dimension.

Ronaldo has faced off with Messi 30 times during his nine seasons at the Bernabeu.

Barca's all time leading goal-scorer pipped the former Los Blancos ace by six goals in all of their meetings – finding the back of the net 22 times.

While Ronaldo may have six goals fewer, he holds the record for the scoring in the most consecutive Clasicos – in six consecutive games in 2012.

Messi poetically netted his 500th goal for the Catalan giants against Real in a thriller in 2017, which also put Barca top of La Liga.

The Argentina ace famously celebrated by whipping off his No 10 shirt and holding it aloft to the away support to prove why he is considered to be the greatest footballer of all time.

Ronaldo later had to have his say too, of course.

The next time he visited the Nou Camp and scored in the Supercopa de Espana final first leg in August 2017- he mimicked his great frenemy's celebration by showing his No 7 shirt to the crowd.



In that same clash, Ronaldo's night hit a sour note when he was shown a second yellow card for diving, which resulted in the forward PUSHING the referee.

He had already been booked for taking his shirt off after mimicking Messi's celebration.

That has been the only red card shown in the duo's 30 stand offs with Messi managing to keep his cool and escape with three fewer yellows than his arch-rival.

When it comes to Clasico success, the Argentine maestro has been on the winning side more often than the Juventus star, with four more victories.

Ronaldo has enjoyed just nine victories over Barca, with a win percentage of only 26 per cent as eight fixtures have ended in a draw.

The Portugal icon left Los Blancos for a new challenge at Juventus in 2018 whereas Messi  has played his entire career for Barcelona, becoming arguably the club’s greatest ever star.

Brazil icon Pele waded in on the greatest of all time debate last week,

The 79-year-old reckons Messi is best player of this generation, just months after siding with arch-rival Ronaldo.

 

Sun Sport recently brought to you what the superstars say about each other in the argument that divides football fans across the globe. 

Pele might not be able to split them but in head-to-head battles Messi edges it.

We're just hoping they get one more battle before retirement.

Source: Read Full Article

Premier League clubs to hold video talks this week to pinpoint date to resume season with June restart pencilled in – The Sun

PREMIER LEAGUE clubs this week hope to pinpoint a specific date to resume the season.

The 20 teams will meet in a video conference this Friday to speak about coronavirus crisis issues.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus in sport live blog for the latest news & updates

German clubs are back in training, in groups of five, and are hoping to restart the campaign in May and finish it by June.

And the Premier League has pencilled in a June restart, knowing Uefa bosses want all campaigns completed by August.

Some top-flight clubs have warned players they could be back in training on May 11 while some EFL sides would like their squad to return on May 4.

But now, leagues will discuss potentially having a restart, with 92 matches still to play.

On Saturday, SunSport columnist and West Ham chief executive Karren Brady questioned whether football can safely return due to risks to players and strain on the NHS.

But clubs are looking at the minimum numbers of staff — about 250 — needed to stage games behind closed doors.

On Friday, clubs will also discuss the situation with TV companies.

If the season was not to finish, clubs, in theory, could hand back £371million to Sky Sports and £50m to BT Sport.

Both have remained flexible but will expect to screen more than their contracted matches when the season resumes.

Give now to The Sun's NHS appeal

BRITAIN’s four million NHS staff are on the frontline in the battle against coronavirus.

But while they are helping save lives, who is there to help them?

The Sun has launched an appeal to raise £1MILLION for NHS workers.

The Who Cares Wins Appeal aims to get vital support to staff in their hour of need.

We have teamed up with NHS Charities Together in their urgent Covid-19 Appeal to ensure the money gets to exactly who needs it.

The Sun is donating £50,000 and we would like YOU to help us raise a million pounds, to help THEM.

No matter how little you can spare, please donate today here

www.thesun.co.uk/whocareswinsappeal

 

Source: Read Full Article

101-year-old escapes home to visit daughter amid coronavirus lockdown

101-year-old woman escapes from old people’s home to visit her daughter amid Germany’s coronavirus lockdown

  • A 101-year-old German lady devised a plan to defy the coronavirus lockdown 
  • Officers intercepted her after she escaped via an emergency exit at a home 
  • The women claimed she lived with her daughter, but police suspected otherwise 
  • Old people’s homes have been closed to visitors to limit the spread of infection 

A 101-year-old woman crept out of an old people’s home in a bid to get to visit her daughter on her birthday, German police said Tuesday.

Officers intercepted her after she had escaped via an emergency exit at the home in northern Germany.

Brunswick police said they were called out after the enterprising senior lost her way in her search for her daughter’s house in a suburb.

Although she claimed that she lived with her daughter, officers suspected the truth. 

A 101-year-old woman crept out of an old people’s home despite coronavirus lockdown rules, in a bid to get to visit her daughter on her birthday, German police have confirmed

When they brought her to the house, the daughter explained that her mother had moved into the old people’s home only two weeks before and had been ‘missing her daughter terribly’. 

Police said the elderly woman was able to see her daughter – from the safety of the patrol car’s window – before they brought her back to the home.

Germany has been under nationwide lockdown for more than two weeks, with gatherings of more than two people in public banned and most businesses and institutions.

Germany’s biggest jump in cases so far was the 6,294 which were announced on March 28, but today’s figure is only 3,677  

Old people’s homes have been closed to visitors to limit the spread of infection to their vulnerable inhabitants.

Last week, Brunswick prosecutors confirmed they were investigating an old people’s home in Wolfsburg, after 22 people died there following coronavirus infections.

Source: Read Full Article

Queen Elizabeth II Delivers (Very) Rare Televised Address About Coronavirus

You definitely should not need another reason to believe in the severity of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.

But just in case the daily rising death roll isn’t sufficient enough for you, consider the following:

Queen Elizabeth II gave an extremely rare televised address to the people of the United Kingdom on Sunday, delivering a message of hope as the country battles this dangerous outbreak.

I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time,” the queen said from Windsor Castle, adding:

 “A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.

The speech was broadcast on TV and released online.

This may seem hard to believe, but:

The address marked her Majesty fifth-EVER special message to the United Kingdom during her 68 years on the throne — not including her annual televised Christmas Day speeches.

The last one she delivered was in 2012, when she spoke in celebration of her Diamond Jubilee.

Continued the Queen:

“I want to thank everyone on the NHS front line, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles, who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all.

“I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times.”

Covid-19 has taken the lives of nearly 10,000 Americans to date.

It has stirred up global chaos, infecing citizens in well over 100 nations.

“I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home, thereby helping to protect the vulnerable and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones,” added Elizabeth.

“Together we are tackling this disease, and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it.”

In her speech, the queen also said she hoped that in the future, “everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge.”

On a personal level, the queen’s son, Prince Charles, was diagnosed last month with the coronavirus.

Sources have also indicated that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are VERY scared about contracting the illness.

“And those who come after us will say the Britons of this generation were as strong as any,” the queen continued.

“That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humored resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterize this country.

“The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future.

“The moments when the United Kingdom has come together to applaud its care and essential workers will be remembered as an expression of our national spirit; and its symbol will be the rainbows drawn by children.”

This is how she concluded:

While we have faced challenges before, this one is different.

This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavor, using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal. We will succeed — and that success will belong to every one of us.

We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.

But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all.

Source: Read Full Article

Rio and Kate Ferdinand share video as they join in with ‘clap for carers’ to support NHS workers battling coronavirus – The Sun

RIO and Kate Ferdinand have shared an emotional video as they joined in with ‘clap for carers’ to support NHS workers battling coronavirus.

The sweet video showed football legend Rio leading his three children Lorenz, 13, Tate, 11, and Tia, 8, in a round of applause to thank the NHS for their incredible work.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates

Rio, 41 , led his children in a lively round of applause for the NHS.

Dressed in a white t-shirt, his wife Kate  filmed as Rio and his three children, dressed in black and white tracksuits , joined the rest of the nation in saluting the healthcare workers.

A number of celebrities including the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Victoria and David Beckham, Stacey Solomon, Amy Childs and presenter Chris Moyles joined in too as they backed the showing of gratitude.

NHS workers who are tirelessly battling the coronavirus pandemic were applauded by people across the country last night.



The public turned out in force to let the NHS know they are grateful for their work.

The night must have been even more poignant for Rio who previously praised the NHS for taking such good care of his late wife Rebecca who tragically died of cancer from breast cancer in 2015.

Kate took on the role of stepmum when he met and later married Rio following the tragic death of their mum Rebecca.

She has been documenting the home-schooling since it started this week and shared pictures of her trying to help with maths homework, featuring the caption: “It don’t add up”.


 

They have documented their activities – including taking part in PE with Joe Wicks –  on their social media pages.

Kate revealed she’s “stricter” than husband Rio when it comes to getting their children to do their homework.

The couple posted a video from day three of home-schooling as the kids Lorenz, 13, Tate, 11, and Tia, 8, joined them for a workout in their huge purpose-built gym.

While Rio said it as day three, Kate admitted it felt like day 10 as they tried to keep the kids entertained.

Keeping their fans up to date, Kate revealed that Tia and Lorenz were doing Joe Wicks' PE lesion, while Tate went on the treadmill.

Footy commentator Rio was quick to add: “The most important thing is homework later!”

The former Towie star relented as she admitted: “I am stricter. I’m the strict one guys but he’s the louder one.”

Source: Read Full Article