What is Stress Awareness Month and how can I reduce my stress?
What is Stress Awareness Month?
How can I reduce my stress levels?
Remember what makes you happy and engage in it
Learn to say no!
The Gratitude stretch
Try some informal mindfulness
- When out walking listen to birdsong
- When out walking, take a moment to feel the warmth of the sun
- When having a drink, take a moment to appreciate the sensation as it quenches your thirst
- When eating take a moment to savour the taste – and see if you can recognise the multitude of flavours
- Treat yourself, just because (but be aware of your finances)
- Wear something that is uniquely expressive of you (even if it is not obviously displayed)
- Have photos of people – or things – that you love around you (many people say ‘they are on my phone’ – but just a simple quick glance at an object of affection can generate oxytoxin, the bonding hormone.)
Keep evergreens – or use your other senses to support feelings of relaxation
Source: Read Full Article