UFC 254 – Khabib vs Gaethje: UK start time, live stream, TV channel, prelims, full fight card for TODAY’s huge show – The Sun
KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV returns to the Octagon TODAY as he faces Justin Gaethje at UFC 254.
The Russian won a submission victory over Dustin Poirier last time out while Gaethje actually replaced Khabib in a bout with Tony Ferguson and scored a shock win at UFC 249 in May.
When is UFC 254?
- UFC 254 takes place TODAY – October 24.
- The event will start at an earlier time to capitalise on the European fan base for Khabib, with the early prelims kicking off 3.15pm BST. This is 10.15am Eastern Time over in the US and 6.15pm in Abu Dhabi.
- UFC president Dana White said: “It will be time-friendly for the European audience. It will happen in the afternoon in the US."
What time does UFC 254 start?
- The early prelims will begin at 3.15pm BST.
- The prelims gets underway at 5pm BST.
- Then the main card starts at 7pm BST, with the huge main event of Khabib vs Gaethje expected around 10pm.
What TV channel and live stream is UFC 254 on?
UFC 254 will be broadcast on BT Sports Box Office in the UK, and ESPN+ in the US.
The event costs £19.95 on BT Sport Box Office to purchase.
The early prelims will be shown on UFC's Fight Pass app.
Alternatively, listen to all of the action live on talkSPORT with commentary from 8pm HERE.
What is the fight card and prelims?
Khabib, 32, fights for the first time since the death of his father and coach, Abdulmanap, who passed away in July.
Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier is the co-main event at Fight Island. Expect that one to be closely watched by middleweight champ Israel Adesanya.
Main card (from 7pm BST/ 2pm EST)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje (UFC Lightweight Championship)
- Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier (Middleweight – co-main)
- Alexander Volkov vs Walt Harris (Heavyweight)
- Islam Makhachev vs Rafael dos Anjos (Lightweight)
- Cynthia Calvillo vs Lauren Murphy (Women's Flyweight)
- Magomed Ankalaev vs Ion Cutelaba (Light Heavyweight)
- Stefan Struve vs Tai Tuivasa (Heavyweight)
- Jacob Malkoun vs Phil Hawes (Middleweight)
- Alex Oliveira vs Shavkat Rakhmonov (Welterweight)
- Jung Da Un vs Sam Alvey (Light Heavyweight)
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs Sergey Morozov (Bantamweight) – FIGHT OFF
- Liana Jojua vs Miranda Maverick (Women's Flyweight)
- Nathaniel Wood vs Casey Kenney (Catchweight)
- Joel Alvarez vs Alexander Yakovlev (Lightweight)
What have they said?
Khabib: "I'm going to try wrestling with him. If he's going to defend my takedown one time, I'm going to try a second, third. I'm gonna try 100 times. And of course I'm going to box with him, I'm going to kick with him.
"He's going to be kickboxing and wrestling, a mix. I'm going to make him tired.
"This is my goal. And maybe in round number 3, round number 4, my plan is finish him."
Gaethje: "I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna try and break his face, I promise you.
"I am prepared and you can bet your bottom dollar I will not go out like no b****!"
Dana White, UFC president: "This is the fight capital of the world, right now. The infrastructure that’s here, all the cool things to do, I think that fans are gonna flock here as soon as this thing opens up."
Khabib Nurmagomedov to win 1/3
Justin Gaethje to win 29/10
*Best odds available via Oddschecker as of Friday, October 23
Source: Read Full Article