James Rodriguez open to staying at Everton after admitting he doesn't think he'll reunite with Ancelotti at Real Madrid
JAMES RODRIGUEZ has played down rumours he is set to quit Everton after admitting that he doesn't think he'll return to Real Madrid.
The Colombian reunited with Carlo Ancelotti at the Toffees last summer after the two worked together at Los Blancos in LaLiga.
And Rodriguez was linked with following the Italian again when he agreed to re-join Real – the club he guided to Champions League glory in 2014.
The playmaker recently admitted he wanted to move to Atletico Madrid before making the Goodison switch.
Rodriguez instead ended up joining Everton and credited 'father figure' Ancelotti for convincing him to move to England.
But the 29-year-old claimed he doesn't think he'll reunite with the former Chelsea gaffer again at the Santiago Bernabeu.
When asked about a potential move to Madrid with Ancelotti, he said: "I don't know. I think not…. If I stay another year [at Everton] that's fine.
“I don't think Ancelotti is going to take me.
"The cycle for me with Real Madrid is closed."
Rodriguez remains under contract until 2022 and Everton have the option of triggering a further season at Goodison Park.
EURO 2020 BETTING SPECIAL – GET £1 FREE BET FOR EVERY SHOT ON TARGET YOUR GOLDEN BOOT SELECTION HAS
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
SunSport previously reported that the Blues are said to be keen on extending his stay and are set to offer him a new deal.
Rodriguez – who has been left out of the Colombia squad for the Copa America due to fitness issues – had a mixed first season at Everton.
The attacking midfielder struggled with injuries and only made 25 appearances but still recorded six goals and nine assists.
Source: Read Full Article
- 9 Best Root Touch Ups 2020: The Sun UK
- Ken Doherty and Jimmy White fall short in qualifying for World Snooker Championship
- Huawei’s new Android rival aims to take a huge chunk of marketshare from Google this year
- Kyle MacLachlan Series ‘Atlantic Crossing’ Lands at Spain’s Movistar Plus and Austria’s ORF (EXCLUSIVE)
- Titleist's Vokey Design Shop Drops SM8 Jet Black Golf Wedges