How to use carving leftovers to make a pumpkin pie this Halloween
Halloween falls next weekend so this might be the time to pick up a pumpkin in your weekly shop.
If you’re carving out the inside, use up waste by making something like a pumpkin pie.
You could also try our recipes for pumpkin loaf or scones.
This recipe, from Jude’s Ice Cream, is really straight forward. You need to make a base, a little like a cheesecake, make the puree and then they add the streusel topping.
The topping adds a crunchy texture but you can leave it out if you just want the creamy pumpkin filling.
- 225g ginger nut biscuits or ginger snaps
- 75g butter
- 500g pumpkin flesh, deseeded
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 5 medium egg yolks
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g plain flour
- 50g light brown soft sugar
- 75g pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Do you have a recipe to share?
Get in touch at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article