How to find Amazon’s ‘hidden’ Prime Day discounts with an extra 30% off
AMAZON is offering shoppers discounts on millions of items this Prime Day.
But you could find even bigger "hidden" discounts that could give you 30% off already discounted products including TVS, laptops and toys.
Read our Amazon Prime Day 2021 live blog for the latest updates
Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping event with major discounts, and it ends at midnight today (but there are still plenty of bargains to be had).
Amazon sells discounted items all year round through Amazon Warehouse, but these savings are not widely known about.
Amazon warehouse sells items that have been returned by customers for a discount price.
Money saving expert Martin Lewis has previously tipped shoppers off about these hidden discounts on returned goods.
The items on sale can be reduced by more than £100 from the usual price.
Best Prime Day Deals 2021
PRIME Day ends at midnight tonight, so today is your last chance to snap up deals on big name brands and Amazon-owned products and services exclusively for Prime Day members.
Here are the best deals we've spotted this Prime Day:
- Fire Stick 4K with Alexa, £26.99 (save £23) – here
- Finish All-in-One Dishwasher Tablets x110, £17.96 (save £8) – here
- Greenzia Reusable Make-up Remover Pads, £9.99 (save £3) – here
- Apple Airpod Pro, £187.99 (lowest price ever) – here
- Nintendo Switch Bundle, £299.99 (save £41) – here
- Sennheiser HD 450BT Wireless Headphones, £89 (save £70) – here
- Chilly's Bottles, £15 (save £12) – here
- Michael Kors Quartz Watch, £89 (save £22) – here
- Jack Daniels Gentleman Jack Whisky, £19.98 (save £15) – here
- Apple Watch SE, £286.99 (save £62) – here
- Simba Hybrid mattresses, save up to 40% off – here
- Emma Original mattress, save up to 50% off – here
- Echo Dot 4th Gen, £24.99 (50% off) – here
- Shark Anti Hair Wrap Cordless Stick, £199 (save £200) – here
- Kindle, £49.99 (save £20) – here
If you haven't signed up already, make sure you sign up here – otherwise you won't be able to access the deals.
We've rounded up more great deals here:
- Best live deals and shopping tips – click here
- Best tech deals – click here
- Best deals on Amazon devices – click here
- Best homeware and appliances deals – click here
- Best beauty deals – click here
Returned items can range from "as new" barely out the box, to used but in "acceptable" condition with some wear and tear and this should be clear when you're buying.
For Prime Day, Amazon has added thousands of warehouse items to the deals bonanza.
That means shoppers can get a further 30% off the already discounted prices.
We found this Asus laptop for £183.90 in "very good" condition, that's priced at £199.99 brand new from both Amazon and Rymans.
With another 30% for Prime Day, the device is reduced further to £128.73 – a further saving of £55.17.
In total with both the reduced price and Prime Day discount, you'll be paying £71.26 less and saving 36% on the full price.
We also spotted a Toshiba 32 inch smart TV in "very good" condition for £222.27 and normally it sells for £239 brand new.
What condition are Amazon Warehouse items in when they’re resold online?
YOU can get a great bargain on Amazon Warehouse’s website.
But as items on sale may have been owned previously or returned, it might not be in brand new condition.
Amazon says it checks the quality of all of its products before reselling them online.
Based on this check, it will be given one of four labels so that shoppers know what condition the product is in.
What are these four labels and what do they mean? We explain all below:
Used – Like New
- If your item has been given this rating, it means it is in “perfect working condition”, Amazon says.
- The item works like it should do and no accessories are missing
- The packaging may be damaged slightly
Used – Very Good
- This means your item has not been used very much and fully functions, Amazon says
- The item may have minor imperfections, and may arrive in damaged packaging
- Some non-essential accessories might be missing, but these will be outlined in the item’s description online.
Used – Good
- Your item may have already been used moderately, but is fully functioning
- It may show signs of wear and tear, but should be minor, and the item’s packaging may be damaged
- The item may be missing some valuable accessories, and it might not work until you’ve purchased those accessories separately
Used – Acceptable
- The item will have “clear signs of usage”, Amazon says, but still works
- It may show signs of previous wear and tear, such as scratches, dents and worn corners or edges
- It could come in damaged packaging and could be missing valuable accessories – which means it may not work until these parts are purchased separately
With the 30% Prime Day discount on top it means you'll pay just £155.59.
That's a further saving of £66.68 and in total you'll save £83.41 on the full priced TV, or 35% overall.
You can find the Warehouse section on the drop down menu next to the search bar on the Amazon website.
The deals are then grouped into categories, such as home and kitchen, or computer and accessories.
Not all Amazon Warehouse items have the Prime Day 30% discount, so check before you buy.
The discount will be added at the checkout automatically.
You'll need to be a member of Amazon Prime to get the extra Prime Day discount, which costs £79 per year or £7.99 per month.
But you get lots of other benefits with it, like access to Prime Video TV shows and films, and you can get a one month trial for free.
You can always cancel at the end which means you won't need to pay, and this is one of our tricks for smart shopping and getting the best deals on Prime Day.
Warehouse products are inspected by Amazon before being relisted – and it means shoppers can get big price items at lower prices.
How much could you save?
SHOPPING on Prime Day at Amazon Warehouse will get you 30% off selected items, on top of already cheaper prices.
How much you can save in total depends on the full price and how much it's reduced to before the Prime Day discount.
- Full price: £199.99
- Amazon Warehouse price: £183.90
- Prime Day price: £128.73
- Prime Day discount: £55.17 (30%)
- Total saving: £71.26 (36%)
- Full price: £239
- Amazon Warehouse price: £222.27
- Prime Day price: £155.59
- Prime Day discount: £66.68 (30%)
- Total saving: £83.41 (35%)
But because the items have been sold before, they may have already been used so you should be aware that there may be some signs of wear and tear.
MoneySavingExpert have shared their tips with us before on what to look out for when buying from Amazon Warehouse.
Some bits might even be missing from your purchase – you should read the product description to check if this is the case for your item.
Your rights to a refund remain the same as if the item were brand new and customers will still have 30 days to return the item to get their money back.
As ever, it's still worth comparing prices on anything you're buying so you know you're getting the best deal.
It's also worth noting that discounted items are likely to be in limited quantities – sometimes there's just one -and can sell out fast.
Check out Amazon's Prime Day deals on booze, which includes up to 40% off Aperol and gin.
There's also big savings on things you use everyday like toilet roll and nappies.
Here's how you can cancel your Amazon Prime membership after a free trial if you don't want to fork out once the savings have ended.
Source: Read Full Article