First Deshaun Watson accuser Ashley Solis comes forward: ‘Not afraid anymore’
Deshaun Watson under investigation by police
18 massage therapists come to Deshaun Watson’s defense amid sexual assault lawsuits
Lawyer for NFL star QB’s accusers won’t give evidence to local police
New Deshaun Watson accuser speaks out: ‘Unlike any other interaction’
The first woman to file a sexual assault lawsuit against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson last month now has attached her name to the allegations.
Ashley Solis, who originally filed as a plaintiff under the “Jane Doe #1” pseudonym, held an emotional news conference Tuesday alongside Tony Buzbee — the attorney for the 22 plaintiffs against Watson. She publicly alleged that the quarterback assaulted her while she was providing him massage therapy at her home on March 30, 2020.
“I’m not afraid anymore. I’m here to take back the power and take back control. I’m a survivor of assault and harassment,” Solis said. “Some days I feel like a hero, other days I feel like a failure.
“I can no longer practice the profession I love the most without my hands shaking during the session. I got into massage therapy to heal people. To heal their minds and bodies. To bring peace to their souls. Deshaun Watson has robbed me of that.”
Solis said that she has suffered depression, anxiety and panic attacks since the alleged encounter with the 25-year-old Watson. She also claimed that her father was “once a diehard Texans fan,” but he “can no longer say [Watson’s] name without turning red.”
Buzbee added that Solis has spoken with the Houston Police Department about Watson, as has at least one other person, though no charges have been filed.
“We were all deceived into thinking Deshaun Watson was a good guy, and unfortunately we know that good guys can do terrible things,” Solis said. “People say that I’m doing this just for money. That is false. I come forward now so that Deshaun Watson does not assault another woman.”
Watson and his attorney Rusty Hardin have denied all of the allegations, and Hardin’s firm released a statement last week from 18 additional female massage therapists claiming the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback never acted inappropriately with them.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article