10am Chelsea news LIVE: Blues ‘could be good fit for Timo Werner’, Kante may miss rest of season LATEST, Willian updates – The Sun

CHELSEA are continuing their preparations for the Premier League's restart.

But there are no guarantees N'Golo Kante will return to training while Jorginho's agent isn't giving up on a move to Juventus.

Get all the latest Chelsea news and gossip here…

  • QUARANTINE PROBLEM

    Alan Shearer doesn't think this season's Champions League can be completed.

    The SunSport columnist said: “This is going to be a problem now.

    “The two-week quarantine rule is going to make that really difficult as it looks like sports teams will not be exempt.

    “If you think about the issue of two weeks of isolation for teams when going into one country and the same when you come back to the UK, it’s a big problem.

    “Unless it is relaxed before August I can’t see it.”

  • GOT HIS ED' SCREWED ON

    Eden Hazard has also spoken positively about Azpi becoming a manager.

    The former Chelsea winger said: “I think he talks a lot about football.

    “I think a manager (role) is more for defenders – or midfielders.

    “Wingers or strikers are not good managers, apart from Zidane.”

  • BOSSING IT

    Ruben Loftus-Cheek thinks Cesar Azpilicueta has everything he needs to become a top manager.

    The Chelsea midfielder said: “He’s the most professional player I’ve seen and he is a good captain.

    “I say he could go on to become a manager.”

  • CULTURE CLASH

    Ashley Cole has revealed he left Arsenal just two years after the amazing Invincibles season – because he did not think they were serial winners anymore.

    England left-back Cole quit to join London rivals Chelsea in 2006 – and says the culture was “falling apart” on the red side of London.

    Arguably the greatest Premier League left-back of all-time, Cole told the BBC: “The transition in terms of being in a different group, environment and players was easy because, at the time when I first started at Arsenal, we had a core – the Keowns, the Seamans, the Vieiras, the Henrys, the Adams'.

    “When they started to leave, I felt there were holes in the culture of what it was that brought success. I just felt it was falling apart a bit, or there were gaps missing, and they weren't filled.

    “So that transition in terms of finding myself in a different culture and the willingness and want to win, I went to Chelsea, and I had that.”

  • DAY OF THE TACKLE

    Premier League stars were cleared to kick off close-contact training on Sunday in a boost for the return of top-flight football.

    New Stage Two guidance lets elite athletes train in pairs and small groups and waives the two-metre social distancing rule.

    The news put a smile on the face of Wilfried Zaha as he began Crystal Palace training on Sunday.

    And the easing of restrictions came as just two new positive results returned from 996 Premier League tests last week. They were logged at different clubs and the figure is four fewer than the week before.

    More testing is due today and tomorrow before league bosses decide on Wednesday whether full-contact training will resume.

  • TIMO TO THINK

    Owen Hargreaves has told Timo Werner that Chelsea “could be a good fit” for him after urging the RB Leipzig striker not to join Liverpool.

    Werner hit a hat-trick in Leipzig's 5-0 thrashing of Mainz on Sunday, topping up his tally to 30 goals for the season.

    And Hargreveas said: “Well, he's not going to get past Bobby Firmino, who is one of my favourite players to watch.

    “I think that's the thing. Wherever he goes, he has to play. With the way United play right now, I could see him there. They need a number nine.

    “Chelsea could be a good fit, I just think he's perfect for Liverpool in a way, but he's not guaranteed to start.

    “If he's happy rotating in the front three then yes, he'd be a great fit for Jurgen Klopp.

    “He works hard, he's a good goal-scorer, he's a good team-mate, all those things they need but he's not going to play ahead of Roberto Firmino, I just don't see that. He's too good in that team.”

  • MORNING CHELSEA FANS

    Blues goalkeeper Kepa could reportedly be offered an escape route of Chelsea by Valencia.

    The 25-year-old looks set to leave Stamford Bridge this summer after falling out of favour under Frank Lampard.

    And according to Mundo Deportivo, LaLiga side Valencia are interested in securing his services.

    Meanwhile, Jorginho's agent has admitted a move to Italy could be on the cards with Juventus the firm favourites.

    Agent Joao Santos told Tuttomercatoweb: “I don't know whether Juve want Jorginho or not, as he has three years left on is Chelsea contract. We'll see.

    “He is a professional, so if an important club in Italy calls, then why not?”

    Finally, Chelsea look likely to play the remainder of the campaign without star midfielder N'Golo Kante.

    The Blues have granted permission for the Frenchman to miss the rest of the season if his fears linger over coronavirus.

    It will be a blow to Chelsea's hope of qualifying for the Champions League as they currently sit three points above Manchester United who occupy fifth.

    But Kante's absence could be Billy Gilmour's gain with the youngster ready to stake his place in the first-team.

  • KEP ON MOVING

    Kepa Arrizabalaga could reportedly be offered an escape route out of Chelsea by Valencia.

    The 25-year-old became the world’s most-expensive goalkeeper when the Blues forked out £71million to sign him from Athletic Bilbao in 2018.

    But he has fallen out of favour under Frank Lampard this campaign with the West London side possibly looking to offload him once the transfer window re-opens.

    And now Mundo Deportivo claim LaLiga’s Valencia want the Spaniard on loan.

  • HOLD THE FORT

    Premier League clubs are increasingly pushing towards a June 26 restart.

    We revealed how June 12 was expected to be ditched, with many also believing staging games on June 19 could be too much of a rush.

    Now restarting the league on June 26 is a plan gathering momentum.

    And clubs could rubber-stamp the date at a meeting on Thursday.

    A senior Premier League source said: “The more you look at it, you realise we cannot start until the end of June.

    “It is just too hasty to put games on any earlier.”

  • MOUR TO COME

    Frank Lampard is likely to play out the rest of the season without star midfielder N'Golo Kante.

    The Blues have granted the Frenchman permission to miss the rest of the season if his fears linger over coronavirus.

    The World Cup winner has been harbouring anxieties about the bug ever since the UK was locked down in March.

    Here's how they could line-up without the Frenchman…

  • HAV TO HAVE HIM

    Ex-Chelsea star Frank Leboeuf has urged the Blues to sign Kai Havertz instead of Philippe Coutinho.

    He told ESPN FC: “When we were talking Chelsea about Coutinho, when you see that player [Havertz], he should be in the Premier League very soon.

    “He should be because he's a very, very talented player.”

    Leboeuf added: “I like his maturity on the field, he looks like someone who is 30 and knows exactly what he has to do it.

    “The goal he was scored was very clever, between the goalkeeper's legs.”

  • BLUE IS THE COLOUR

    Jorginho's agent has again talked up a potential move to Juventus as the pressure piles on Frank Lampard to let the midfielder reunite with Maurizio Sarri.

    A swap deal between the Brazilian-Italian and Miralem Pjanic has been mooted, even though the Bosnian Juve star is reportedly determined to join Barcelona.

    Nevertheless, agent Joao Santos told Tuttomercatoweb: “I don't know whether Juve want Jorginho or not, as he has three years left on his Chelsea contract. We'll see…

    “He is a professional, so if an important club in Italy calls, then why not?”

    In other news, Chelsea could be without N'Golo Kante for the rest of the season.

    The Frenchman has so far opted against returning to training due to worries about coronavirus.

    And Willian has suggested he will certainly leave Chelsea if they do not come back with an improved contract offer.

    The Brazilian, who has been targeted by Tottenham and Arsenal, said: “It’s a difficult situation, Chelsea offered me two years and they are not going to change.

    “I don’t know if it will be possible to stay.

    “My goal is to continue working and focus on the remainder of the season, so that Chelsea can continue winning games.

    “I have a clear head and I'm focused for the rest of the season that we have left. Let's see what happens.”

Source: Read Full Article