Prince William smiles as he’s seen for first time after Harrys new bombshell interview

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Prince William was seen for the first time since the release of the Apple TV + series documentary series, The Me You Can't See, in which his brother Prince Harry discussed his time in the Royal family.

The Duke Of Cambridge put on a brave face after a difficult few days where he also spoke of his "incredible sadness" over the BBC's "deceitful" Princess Diana interview with journalist Martin Bashir.

Attending a mental health event in Scotland on Friday afternoon, he visited Spartans FC's Ainslie Park Stadium in Edinburgh to hear about initiatives in Scottish football that champion mental health ahead of the Scottish Cup Final on Saturday.

The 38 year old was casually clad and appeared happy and relaxed as he spoke to his companions.

His appearance comes after Prince Harry spoke of his mental health struggles, which stemmed from his mother Princess Diana dying in a car crash in Paris when he was just 12 years old in September 1997.

The Duke of Sussex also admitted that when he asked the Royals for help, they showed a "total neglect" towards him and wife, Meghan Markle.

Harry explained that ultimately he would end up drinking a week's worth of alcohol in just one day in a bid to try to help with the trauma of his mother's death.

"I was just all over the place mentally," he said.


Harry also likened his and Meghan's relationship to the one his mother Diana had with Dodi Fayed as he revealed the extent of his wife's suffering when she confided in him about her suicidal thoughts.

Harry explained that he now relies on EMDR trauma therapy and "tapping" techniques to help him acknowledge, heal and move on from the past.

Meanwhile, a day earlier, William slammed the BBC over the Martin Bashir interview, which he believes helped spark his mother's paranoia and fear.

Following the findings from an independent report into the BBC practices, William called for the "scoop of the century" never to be aired again.

In a statement from the future king, he explained how the Panorama report had greatly negatively impacted the relationship between his parents, Princess Diana and Prince Charles.

He also said: "It brings me indescribable sadness to know that the BBC's failures contributed significantly to her fear, paranoia and isolation that I remember from those final years with her.

How to watch The Me You Can't See on Apple TV+?

You can watch the new documentary series, produced by Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey, by signing up to Apple TV+ streaming service here. The new show, which will air on May 21, explores mental health and emotional well-being and includes featured interviews from Lady Gaga, Glenn Close, NBA star DeMar DeRozan and others about their experiences.

You can subscribe to Apple TV+ instantly for £4.99 a month or try the free 7-day trial, but remember to cancel before the trial ends to avoid getting charged the full subscription fee. Apple is also giving away Apple TV+ subscriptions for free for one year when you purchase a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac. Find out more about the offer by visiting tv.apple.com.

This article contains affiliate links, we may receive a commission on any sales we generate from it.Learn more

"But what saddens me most, is that if the BBC had properly investigated the complaints and concerns first raised in 1995, my mother would have known that she had been deceived.

"She was failed not just by a rogue reporter, but by the leaders at the BBC who looked the other way rather than asking the tough questions.

He concluded: "It is my firm view that this Panorama programme holds no legitimacy and should never be aired again.

"It effectively established a false narrative which, for over a quarter of a century, has been commercialised by the BBC and others."

Source: Read Full Article