Mark Labbett deemed ‘too dangerous’ for Dancing on Ice due to size ‘It’s a shame’

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

A source exclusively told Express.co.uk that Dancing on Ice bosses said it would be “too dangerous” for The Chase star Mark Labbett, 54, to take part in the ITV show. They said: “Mark wanted to do Dancing On Ice but they said because of his size being six foot, seven, and being quite hefty, they felt it would be too dangerous for him to do it, which is a shame.

They felt it would be too dangerous for him to do it

A source

“I certainly think they should look at him for Strictly [Come Dancing].”

ITV declined to comment when approached by Express.co.uk.

While Mark’s hopes of appearing on the show may have been ruined, he recently spoke out about potentially joining the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! line-up.

The Chase star joked he thinks cannibalism would be on the cards due to the lack of food in camp.

READ MORE

  • Chris Evans: Virgin Radio DJ takes HUGE swipe at Jeremy Clarkson

But, the quizmaster said he would be up for using the opportunity to lose weight.

He said: “The problem is when people ask me this, I say listen after three weeks in the jungle, cannibalism is on the cards.

“My dad was a butcher in the meat trade, I know how to butcher a carcass, so somebody better not annoy me in the jungle, especially if they muck up a food challenge!”

He then laughed off being the camp’s chef, as he joked: “No one would trust me with the food!”

He added: “I do get really angry when I’m hungry. I try not to, but I do.

“So I’m thinking, is the jungle the right environment for me? But then again it might make good tele.

“I’d hate to be stuck in the jungle with me when I’m starving, other people shut down when they haven’t had enough food.

“They’ve had some heavy celebs in there and the hunger gets to them.”

DON’T MISS…
Piers Morgan puts forward £10k bet he won’t be sacked from GMB [TWITTER]
Holly Willoughby husband: Who is Holly Willoughby’s husband? [MARRIAGE]
Rod Stewart leaves The One Show’s Alex Jones cringing after interview [VIDEO]

Mark went on to say he has a target of going from 23 stone to 19 in weight and believes the show could help.

“I’d like the moment I walk across the bridge four stone lighter,” he added.

“I’ve still got a fair way to go,” he divulged. “My target is about 19 stone. For anyone else that’s monstrous, but for me of course I’ll be skinny.”

A source said of Mark potentially signing up for the show: “They’re fully aware of Mark. It would be television gold.”

It is currently unknown whether the new series of the show will go ahead, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

READ MORE

  • Alex Jones stunned after Martin Clunes dig at The One Show co-star

Despite this, rumours of the potential line-up have already begun.

Celebrities rumoured to be taking part so far include The One Show’s Matt Baker, ex Strictly Come Dancing AJ Pritchard and Coronation Street star Beverley Callard.

The Chase continues today at 5pm on ITV.

Union JACK radio’s Not-in-a-Pub Pub Quiz is hosted by Mark Labbett every Tuesday and Thursday at 1pm.

To join in, download the ‘Union JACK Pub Quiz’ App for free and listen on DAB, on a smart speaker, or online at unionjack.co.uk.

Source: Read Full Article