Get to Know ‘Nite Swim’ Singer Luna Shadows With These 10 Fun Facts! (Exclusive)
Luna Shadows is one of the rising acts we’re excited about, and we want Just Jared readers to get to know her even better!
The Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter has been supplying excellent tunes throughout the past few years, including her Summertime and Youth EPs, racking up an impressive over 7 million Spotify streams to date.
On Wednesday (January 13), Luna Shadows releases her latest track, “nite swim,” ahead of the release of her long-awaited debut LP, Digital Pacific, which arrives on February 12. Click here to pre-save the album!
The synth-y track conjures the story of Romeo and Juliet, but with a modern look back at the classic tale.
“When I think of the extremely problematic R+J, a lot of their tragedy is based on farcical miscommunication that could’ve been so easily avoided in 2021. Yet in an age of instant and excessive communication, there has been a sharp rise in youth depression, suicide, and overall unhappiness. This song masquerades as euphoric but underneath raises some fairly dark questions re: technology and our mental health,” she says of the track.
Listen to “nite swim,” and check out 10 Fun Facts with Luna Shadows…
- 1. I rescued two cats. Nearly a decade ago, I was parking my car when something fluffy on top of a trash pile caught my eye. I walked closer and saw two very nervous kittens snuggling in a ball. I spent several months learning how to approach them, greet them, feed them, socialize them, and train them – and one day, they followed me into my apartment. I’ve been a proud rescue cat mom ever since.
- 2. I’m a vegetarian – have been since I was around 11 or 12 years old. I love animals, and if I weren’t a musician, I could see myself working with them. I have a passion for vegetarian/vegan cooking, and I often share recipes with friends & fans who request them.
- 3. I used to have a New York accent as a kid. I’ve been living in Los Angeles for over a decade, so it’s pretty much gone – but occasionally when I’m angry or in a funny mood, those around me draw a parallel to Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny.
- 4. I am a classically trained pianist – don’t ask me to shred though, I am way too out of shape. When I was in middle school and in high school, I spent 2-8 hours daily practicing Chopin, Bach, Debussy, and all those lads. All my focus for the last few years has been on songwriting, producing, engineering, and singing – so I’m thinking I’ll dust off my old music books and get back to practicing in 2021.
- 5. My favorite ride at Disneyland is Space Mountain. I love space, and I love rollercoasters. so this is a shoe-in. There is a Halloween version of this ride which is not as good as the classic version. Best not to visit in October, in my humble opinion!
Source: Read Full Article