What to wear in Autumn: the key fashion trends for 2020
WITH autumn around the corner it’s time to revamp your wardrobe for the colder months – complete with facemasks.
If you’re stuck over what to wear at the gym, cycling, or commuting, we’ve got you covered to ensure you look fashionable while keeping warm.
Coats and shoes are two items you need to ensure you’re getting right, as they’ll see you through those chilly mornings and evenings.
And if you can drag yourself out of bed and in to gym, we've hunted down the best gear to wear while working out.
With coronavirus restrictions still in place, we've rounded up some facemasks which will go with everything in your wardrobe.
So take a browse through our top picks which keep you stylish and snug this autumn.
What are the best autumn coats?
No matter what you're wearing in autumn and winter, if you've got a decent coat you should be able to brave the cold.
The tan trench coat is the ultimate classic, and goes with virtually everything, while Teddy Fleece is the must-have fabric of the season.
A leather jacket is another staple, and a black version is guaranteed to go with any outfit.
- Double Breasted Bonded Faux Fur Teddy Coat, Miss Pap, £45 – buy now
- Black Faux Leather Biker Jacket, ISawItFirst, £60 – buy now
- Double Breasted Belted Trench Coat, Shein, £28.45 – buy now
Where to buy the best autumn shoes
Sadly it's time to say goodbye to sandals and dolly shoes as we head into autumn.
But it's time to say hello to chunky boots, fur-lined shoes and over the knee boots.
This trio of footwear will keep your feet nice and toasty when when the temperature drops, simply pair with warm tights and a skirt.
- Arden Back Zip Block Heel Boots, Burgundy, Office, £20 – buy now
- Blowfish Malibubrown vyxie boots, Schuh, £19.99 – buy now
- Cleated Stretch Over The Knee Boots, Boohoo, £28 – buy now
What to wear to the gym in autumn
They say summer bodies are made in winter, so even if it's cold and dark outside it's worth heading to the gym.
But it's time to put your crop tops and shorts away and invest in some more substantial clothing.
During autumn it's all about long sleeves, hoodies and some quality leggings, and we've rounded up the best on the market.
- Vital sleeveless long sleeve crop top, Gym Shark, £30 – buy now
- Turn 2-Piece Outfit, Fabletics, £74 – buy now
- Pulse ombre seamless leggings, AYBL, £30 – buy now
What to wear cycling in autumn
Cycling shorts aren't just for the Kardashians, but you can still rock a neon pair if you fancy.
If you've ditched public transport in favour of bikes, these cycling essentials will see you through autumn.
We've rounded up a trio of mid-length shorts to give your leg maximum coverage, while still letting your skin breathe.
- Puma legging shorts in washed grey, ASOS, £15 – buy now
- Grey marl basic cycle shorts, PrettyLittleThing, £4 – buy now
- Black high waist cycling shorts, River Island, £8 – buy now
The best autumn face masks
Due to ongoing coroanvirus restrictions, Brits needs to wear facemasks in shops and on public transport.
Combined with a scarf most of your face and neck will be protected from the cold anyway, but we selected some designs which should go with everything in your closet.
From M&S quality to designers facemasks, this lot should withstand British weather.
- Black And White Tie Dye Fashion Face Mask, Topshop, £6.99 – buy now
- 5 Pack Reusable Adult Face Coverings, M&S, £7.50 – buy now
- Great British designer face coverings by Julien Macdonald and Rixo and Liam Hodges, ASOS, £13.50 – buy now
Meanwhile Stacey Solomon shares huge Primark haul for her and the kids… including a £4 hat which has given her instant regrets.
And could YOU cut your wardrobe down to 33 items? We try the Project 333 challenge.
Plus here's how to tweak six of this summer’s hottest trends to see you through September and into the autumn season.
Source: Read Full Article